You get more floor space, less noise and less installation costs. That’s the advantage of using Rondo QUIET STUD® for acoustic control in your next project.
Its unique design, combined with appropriate lining board systems, forms an effective buffer against unwanted noise to provide a cost-effective solution to acoustic control provisions.
At the same time, its smaller footprint means more usable floor space and, as the installation method is practically the same as standard drywall construction, it results in lower installation costs as well as a virtually fail-safe acoustic wall-system.
How does QUIET STUD® work to reduce noise?
Noise is actually vibration. The stud conducts the vibration across its web, and therefore sound is transmitted via anything that reacts to it by vibrating. The Rondo QUIET STUD® is overall bigger in surface area than a standard wall stud, therefore the sound (vibration) has further to travel and therefore weakens in intensity across the wall and results in a more acoustic efficient wall system.
- Acoustic control provisions
- Acoustic wall system
- Fire Rated and Non-fire rated Systems
- Inter-tenancy walls (popular in apartments)
- Achieves superior performance in a smaller footprint, leaving more floor space
- Quick installation as Contractor uses standard steel stud drywall installation practices, resulting in lower labour costs
- Utilises standard Rondo 92mm top and bottom wall tracks
- Standard 92mm wide stud system
- Bell-mouthed service holes for electrical cabling
- Studs feature a wider 45mm fixing flange
- Studs are designed for a friction fit into top & bottom wall track
The Rondo QUIET STUD® system has been used in a range of projects, including apartments, hotel refurbishments, schools, universities, hospitals and offices. At the District Law Court in Western Australia, Rondo QUIET STUD® was used as an effective buffer against unwanted noise between court rooms and at the recent Clyde Quay Wharf Apartments in New Zealand; between the inter-tenancy walls.